Seared Tuna with Melon Salsa and Tangerine Lime Mojo
- 3 cups tangerine juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for searing
- 1/4 honeydew melon, cut into very small dice
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into very small dice
- 1 mango, cut into very small dice
- 1 orange, segmented, cut into very small dice
- 1 small red onion, cut into very small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) pieces tuna loin
In a bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, mango, orange segments, and onions. Add orange juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and mint. Season with salt and set aside.
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil, and sear tuna until medium rare. Toss with tangerine mojo and serve with salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.