Seasonal Vegetables with Double Cream and Mediterranean Herbs
- 8 mini carrots, tops trimmed and peeled
- 3 1/2 ounces celeriac, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 small leeks, white only and washed well
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely diced cooked beets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Herbs, chopped, for garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk the cream until thick and add the basil and chopped fennel. Add the chopped onions and beets to the bowl of vegetables, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Divide vegetables into separate soup plates, add a dollop of cream. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chef Jacques Le Pivellec, Hotel Villa Magna, Seville, Spain