Second Time Around, Lamb and Beet Salad
- 4 medium beets, boiled in their jackets
- Mayonnaise to taste; Indian chutney or pickle
- 1 teaspoon each of grated ginger and garlic
- 10 ounce package thawed frozen "petite" peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 cups leftover lamb, fat removed, cubed
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- 2 to 4 oranges, cut into supremes
- Mint for garnish
Peel the beets and slice thinly. In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, chutney or pickle, grated ginger and garlic. Add peas and mint and season with salt and pepper. Stir in lamb and season again. Make a ring of alternate slices of beet and orange and center meat salad inside; garnish with mint.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Baby Beet and Baby Carrot Salad with a Sherry Walnut Vinaigrette, Roasted Beet and Grapefruit Salad, Beet and Endive Salad with Garlic and Herb Vinaigrette, Salmon Salad Recipes, Arugula, Crab Salad Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.