Second Time Around, Lamb and Beet Salad
- 4 medium beets, boiled in their jackets
- Mayonnaise to taste; Indian chutney or pickle
- 1 teaspoon each of grated ginger and garlic
- 10 ounce package thawed frozen "petite" peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 cups leftover lamb, fat removed, cubed
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- 2 to 4 oranges, cut into supremes
- Mint for garnish
Peel the beets and slice thinly. In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, chutney or pickle, grated ginger and garlic. Add peas and mint and season with salt and pepper. Stir in lamb and season again. Make a ring of alternate slices of beet and orange and center meat salad inside; garnish with mint.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.