- c1 (3 pound) chicken cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and white pepper
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into large dice
- 4 turnips, peeled and chopped into large dice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
Season chicken and brown in oil in a large heavy pot. Add onions and tomatoes. In separate pot heat chicken stock and whisk in tomato paste. Thin peanut butter slightly with hot liquid and add all liquids to pot with chicken. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add vegetables and cook until chicken and vegetables are tender, approximately 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt, cayenne and ground white pepper. Garnish with peanuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.