Cocoa Krispies™-Crusted Meatloaf with Asparagus Salad
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup KELLOGG'S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal, finely ground
- Olive oil, for baking sheet
- Asparagus salad:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 asparagus spears, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the pork, bread crumbs, green onions, egg, mustard, garlic, and salt until just combined. Divide the meat mixture into 2 equally proportioned small loaves and roll them in the ground KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES. Transfer the meatloaf to an oiled baking sheet and cook in the oven, for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the asparagus. Drain and let cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and sesame seeds. Season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Toss the asparagus beans, yellow pepper, and cherry tomatoes together in the dressing. Season with salt, and pepper, if needed.
Remove the meatloaves from the oven and serve with the asparagus salad on the side.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Serena Palumbo
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri