- 1 roasted pepper, sliced
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ball mozzarella de buffalo, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley and fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Extra virgin olive oil, for greasing
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the roasted pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, peanut butter, red pepper flakes, to taste, and salt, and pepper, to taste, in the blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Spread 4 slices of bread with peanut butter and 4 slices with mustard. Divide the grated mozzarella and pecorino cheeses, and the herbs on the peanut butter slices. Top with the prosciutto and Parmesan and cover with the mustard-coated slices.
Add the milk to a wide shallow dish and dip the sandwiches on both sides lightly coating in milk and put them on a baking dish greased with oil. Drizzle with the olive oil and cook in the oven until golden brown.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.