Pasta with Serena's Amatriciana Sauce
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups Serena's Amatriciana Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons pecorino cheese, divided
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Fresh parsley sprigs, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Serena's Amatriciana Sauce:
- 1 cup pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 celery, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) can tomato puree
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Serving suggestion: serve over cooked pasta.
In a large, deep saute pan, heat 2 cups of the Amatriciana sauce over medium-low heat until hot. Add the pasta into the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the pasta water to the pan and toss the pasta to coat with the sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon each of the cheeses.
Divide the pasta between 2 plates and top with the remaining cheese and the fresh herbs.
To make the sauce:
In a pan over medium-high heat, saute the pancetta until just starting to brown. Remove the pancetta and add the onion to the pan. Saute the onion until translucent, about 1 minute. Add the carrot, celery, garlic, tomato puree, and cooked pancetta to the pan. Stir and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cinnamon, cumin, and cardamom and stir. Simmer the mixture 5 more minutes.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.