Sesame-Crusted, Pan-Seared Scallops with Asian Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sake (only if an open bottle is nearby)
- 12 bite-sized sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 12 Chinese soup spoons*
Place 1 teaspoon of vinaigrette in each soup spoon.
Season scallops with salt and pepper.
Place sesame seeds on a plate. Pat down top and bottom side of each scallop in sesame seeds.
In a saute pan, over medium-high heat add remaining tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add scallops, placing them sesame-crusted side down. Sear for approximately 1 minute, or until sesame seeds brown. Turn and sear on other sesame-crusted side for 1 more minute. Place 1 scallop in each soup spoon. Serve immediately.
* The same serving format can be achieved with only 4 spoons by replenishing each guests spoon for subsequent servings.
Recommended beverage: cold sake
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan-Seared Scallops with a Fried Red Beet Nest, English Pea Puree, and Curry Oil, Pan-Seared Diver's Scallops with Roasted Red Pepper Paint and Basil Oil, Seared Scallops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa, Rice Casserole Recipes, Antipasti Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Cocktail Party, Brown Rice Recipes, Dinner Parties Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.