Sesame Lamb 'Gyros'
- 4 each pita bread, slightly toasted or grilled
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste (or 2 tablespoons peanut butter mixed with 1 teaspoon sesame oil)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, 1/16-inch dice
- 3 to 5 slices leftover cooked lamb per pita, slightly warmed on a grill or Sauteed in olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, 1/4-inch slices and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame paste, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic until smooth. Fold in the cucumbers and season. Spread the 'tzatziki' on the pita and lay warm lamb and tomato slices on top. Spread more 'tzatziki' on the tomatoes and garnish with sesame seeds.
Plating: Slice in half and serve.
Beverage: Chilly lager or pale ale
Copyright 2000, Ming Tsai, All Rights Reserved.