Sesame Sea Scallops Over Bulgur Wheat Salad
- 12 large sea scallops (3 per person)
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bulgur Wheat Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup small diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup small diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
SCALLOPS: Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss scallops with sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Sear in oil for 2 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook scallops or they will be dry and stringy. Serve three per person over bulgur wheat salad and a squeeze of lemon.
BULGUR WHEAT SALAD: Pour bulgur into a large mixing bowl and pour hot water over it. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to let bulgur rehydrate. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Uncover and drain bulgur in a fine colander or sieve, pressing gently to expel any excess water. Add to bowl of vegetables and toss until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until use. The flavors will actually meld together more as it sits.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.