1 cup each of the following grains, cooked:
- Wild rice
- White rice
You may substitute any of your favorite grains. Cook them according to the directions on the package. You will want to end up with approximately 7 cups total of cooked product.
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
Mix together and set aside.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup prepared plum sauce (available in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped, fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the grains, dressing and chopped vegetables. Garnish with some extra chopped scallions.