Seviche de Camaron y Pulpo: Shrimp and Octopus Seviche
- 1 pound large size (13-15 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 pound baby octopus
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded, cut in small dice
- 1 medium habanero chile, seeds and ribs removed, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, strained
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, strained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cut in medium-size dice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Crispy corn tortilla chips, for garnish
Grill or broil the shrimp until cooked. Set aside until they cool and then chop the shrimp into a medium-size dice.
Clean the baby octopus, and boil for about 40 minutes in salted water, strain and grill. Set aside until they cool, and then chop the octopus into a medium-size dice.
In a large glass bowl mix the onion, tomatoes, habanero, orange juice, lime juice, and salt. Add the shrimp and octopus and mix. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Daisy Martinez