- 2 pounds ground andouille sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups grated Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
- 20 medium portobello mushrooms
Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat and stir in the water. Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir in the butter mixture. Remove the mushroom stems and stuff the mushrooms with the cheese mixture.
Preheat the grill to 325 degrees F.
Arrange the mushrooms, stuffing side up on the grill, and grill until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the grill to a serving platter and garnish with more cheese, if desired.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.