Shaved Asparagus, Heirloom Tomatoes and White Truffle Jus
- 1 bunch large asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon diced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon combined chopped herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 4 ounces white Chardonnay
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes (yellow, green and red variety) diced small
- Salt and pepper
With a sharp peeler, peel the asparagus into long thin strips. In a medium saute pan add 1 tablespoon butter. When clarified, add the shallots, garlic and herbs. When beginning to brown, add the asparagus and deglaze with the white wine. Drizzle in the truffle oil. Finish with the second tablespoon of butter. Place the asparagus in the center of each plate. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus and garnish with the heirloom tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.