Shellfish, Fennel and White Bean Salad
- 3/4 pound squid, cleaned, tentacles removed and
- body sacs cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 3/4 pound shrimp, (same size as squid) shelled and
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, dill or chervil
In a saucepan of boiling salted water add the shellfish and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until just firm. Drain and pat dry In a bowl combine the seafood with the beans, fennel and onion. In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Add the oil in a stream whisking, and whisk the mixture until it is combined well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with the herbs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.