- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 pounds freshly ground lamb
- 1 (24-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 4 tablespoons lamb base
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 cups yellow corn, cooked
- 1 cup green peas, cooked
- 1 cup carrots, diced, cooked
- 4 pounds potatoes (with skin), boiled
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1/2 pound grated Parmesan cheese
Make flour sauce: In saucepan cook 1/4 cup butter, add flour, stir and cook for a minute, then add burgundy wine, lamb base, and water. Season with salt, pepper, and tarragon. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, and then add yellow corn and green peas and carrots.
Mash the potatoes, and then add 1/4 pound butter and milk, season with salt and pepper. Put meat mixture in individual 8-ounce dishes with approximately even portions and top with mashed potatoes. Spread Parmesan cheese on top of each dish and put in a preheated 350 degree oven and brown until a golden brown color. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.