- 1 large clove garlic, split in half
- 1 small ginger root
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced shiitakes
- 2 minced shallots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups white wine
- 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere
- 1/2 pound shredded Emmenthal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 country boule or baguette
On medium heat, melt the butter and sweat the shiitakes and shallots. Season and add the wine. Bring to a simmer.
Meanwhile, have the cheese and cornstarch already tossed together in a resealable plastic bag. Add the cheese mix to the wine, and stir to incorporate. Add the thyme and taste. Break bread, dip, chew, swallow, yum-yum. Wash down with wine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.