Shrimp and Corn Falafel with Cilantro Tahini
- 16 ounces falafel mix
- 2 cups shrimp or shellfish stock (or water if neither is avaiable)
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed (save kernels, discard husks)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound rock shrimp
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 to 6 scallions, julienne
- 1 large red onion, small diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package pita bread
- 1/2 pound mixed greens or mesclun
- Diced tomato, if desired
- Diced red onion, if desired
- Cilantro Tahini:
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 cup tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine falafel mix with the stock or water and let stand 10 minutes.
Sweat the shucked corn kernels and red onions in the butter until soft and fragrant, then let cool. Be careful not to overcook, cook just long enough so that the vegetables are crispy yet tender.
Add all ingredients to the falafel mixture and mix well. Shape the mixture into small balls 1 1/2 inches diameter, or shape into patties about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
For best results, deep fry in 350 degree F oil until golden brown.Cilantro Tahini:
Clean, chop, and quickly blanch the cilantro in boiling water. Shock immediately. Drain well.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.