Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound bag risotto
- 2 1/8 cups dry vermouth
- 16 cups clam broth
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup packed fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup chopped packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pound fresh bay scallops
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled, de-veined
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
Heat the olive oil and butter. Add shallots and garlic and lightly saute for approximately 1 minute. Add the risotto and stir to coat in the mixture. Add vermouth. Slowly add 2 cups of clam broth at a time, stirring constantly. Do not stop stirring while adding clam broth, scraping bottom to prevent sticking. Toward last 2 cups of clam broth, add all remaining ingredients except seafood and cheese, still stirring constantly. After 40 minutes of constant stirring, when risotto reaches a creamy consistency, add shrimp and scallops. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, add cheese. Cover and let stand at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.