- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced-on-the-bias celery
- 8 jumbo scallops
- 12 (16 to 20/ per pound) shrimp
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 4 pieces baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 cups Lobster Sauce, recipe follows
- Pineapple Fried Rice, recipe follows
In a large wok, heat oil over high heat. Add carrots, onions, and celery, cook for 2 minutes. Add scallops and shrimp, cook for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cups lobster sauce stir well. Add 3/4 cups more lobster sauce and simmer. Pour over Pineapple Fried Rice.
- 4 cups shrimp shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons finely ground lemongrass stalks
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 to 6 thyme stems
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lobster base
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roast shrimp shells until crispy brown. In food processer, coarsely chop.
In heavy stock pot, heat olive oil, add onions, carrots, celery and garlic saute for 2 minutes. Add pesto cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp shells. Deglaze with sherry and wine. Add stock, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Add thyme, sugar, tomato paste, and lobster base. Bring to a boil, then simmer and reduce for 40 minutes. Strain through fine sieve. Return to sauce pan, reduce by half.
Pineapple Fried Rice:
- 7 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup red onion, medium diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, diced small
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, small diced
- 1/4 cup Chinese sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced small
- 2 cups day-old rice
Over high heat, in a saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons peanut oil. Add onion, ginger, carrots, red bell peppers, and Chinese sausage. Cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Add water chestnuts and pineapple.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.