- Salt and pepper
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into ½-inch chunks
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt it generously.
2. While the water comes to a boil, cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet, turning occasionally, over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and crumble. Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet.
4. To the fat in the skillet, add the onions and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions brown, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until just opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook just until warmed through, about 1 minute.
5. Transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the skillet. Toss until very well coated and top with the bacon.