Shrimp Bruschetta for Two
- 2 cups small individual broccoli florets, rinsed
- 1 pound shrimp in their shells
- 2 to 4 large thick slices of good quality Italian bread (preferably not
- the baguette variety)
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely julienned seeded red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley snipped with scissors
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and boil the broccoli, over high heat, uncovered for a minute or until just cooked through. Drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry. Peel the shrimp cut through the indentation in the back, devein if the back looks dirty, halve then cut them cross-wise into 1-inch pieces. Lightly toast or grill your bread how many slices of bread you toast depends on the size of the bread. Center the grilled bread in the middle of two dinner plates.
Heat a large heavy skillet until hot. Swirl in the olive oil for 10 seconds to heat up. Add the bell peppers and saute, stirring continuously, for 1 minute or until they begin to get tender. Add the broccoli, shrimp and garlic and saute briskly, tossing continuously for a minute or until the shrimp are barely cooked. Add the white wine and cook until almost evaporated. Stir in the red pepper, season to taste with salt and remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley and spoon over the bruschetta.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.