- 1 pound potatoes, boiled, drained
- Freshly ground salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Clarified butter
- 3 ounces Macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fresh butter, plus extra for potatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 scallop shells
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
Mash potatoes adding enough milk and butter to make a smooth mixture. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Coat the shrimp in cold clarified butter and toss them in the chopped nuts. Heat clarified butter in a frying pan. Add the garlic clove and fry gently for 2 minutes. Drop in the coated shrimps. Remove the garlic and cook the shrimp 2 minutes on each side. After 4 minutes add the sherry and flame. Stir in the fresh butter and drizzle in the lemon juice. Pipe the creamed potatoes around the rim of the scallop shells and pour the shrimp into the center of the shells. Garnish each with a sprig of parsley and a dusting of paprika.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.