- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp (whole, unpeeled, green)
- 1 small sprig fresh oregano, finely chopped (or use dried)
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or use dried)
- Coarse black pepper, salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Heat the oil in a large pan and when hot add the shrimps (unpeeled), the oregano, rosemary, black pepper, salt, bay leaves and garlic. Saute gently for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and cook gently another 5 minutes, or until the wine is reduced to a syrup. Place on serving dish and pour over aromatic sauce.
A superb shrimp concoction from the Plantation Restaurant, out of New Orleans.