Shrimp Paella with Chorizo
- 1 7 -ounce link Spanish chorizo, cut in half horizontally and sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons Amore garlic paste, or 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 14 -ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 8 .8-ounce packages Uncle Ben's Original Long-Grain Ready Rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
Shrimp are normally an ingredient in paella and so is chorizo but I left the chicken and several other ingredients out to simplify it for you.
In a large saute pan heat chorizo over medium heat until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add tomato, chicken broth, and saffron; bring to a simmer. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add rice and frozen peas; stir to combine. Cover and bring up to a simmer. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and lay on top of rice mixture. Cover and continue to cook until shrimp are just done, about 4 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.