Shrimp Seviche Cocktail
- Note: Other shellfish can be substituted as well as some fish.
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon, freshly toasted and ground black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly toasted and ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves, broken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl or dish. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain off the liquids and discard them. Serve the shrimp in chilled martini glasses.
Note: Garnishes could include minced red onions, fresh herbs, diced raw tomato or a fresh raw fruit like mandarin oranges
Recipe Courtesy of Norman Van Aken