Shrimp, Spiced Mango, and Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
- Shrimp Marinade:
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Spanish-style smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 extra-large shrimp (U-12), peeled and deveined
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 loosely packed cups torn, soft lettuces, such as red oak and lolla rossa
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Make the marinade: Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the marinade. Add the shrimp to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 6.
Make the salad: Remove the shrimp from the marinade; scrape off any excess marinade from the shrimp.
Season the shrimp, to taste, with salt. Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
In a bowl, toss together the onion, mango and avocado. Dress lightly with some of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a another bowl, lightly toss the lettuce with some of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
Mound the salad in the center of a platter and surround with the shrimp. Spoon some of the dressing over the shrimp and serve. (Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use.)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.