- 6 ounces cold butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 ounces clam juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 10 to 12 large shrimp (21 to 25 count), peeled and de-veined, with tails
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green part only
- Day old French bread rounds, sliced 3/4-inch thick
Melt 4 ounces of the butter in a skillet. Add the Creole seasoning, clam juice, garlic and shrimp. Saute until the shrimp are pink. Add the mushrooms, parsley, and scallions. Saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining 2 ounces of butter and continue cooking until the sauce is creamy. Server over French bread rounds in shirred egg dishes or shallow soup bowls.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Ed David
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro