- 1/2 cup quartered vine-ripened grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small clove garlic, minced
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside while you saute the shrimp.
Put the shrimp in a pie pan and pat them completely dry with a paper towel. Arrange the shrimp so they lay flat and are evenly spaced in the pan.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Season one side of the shrimp with salt and pepper; add the oil to the pan and turn the heat to high. Invert the pie pan over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once.
Saute the shrimp, undisturbed, until they turn golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan. Turn the shrimp over with tongs. Turn the heat off and cook the shrimp for 1 minute in the residual heat of the pan. Shake the pan to combine the shrimp with the garlic and then transfer them to the bowl with the tomato mixture. Toss to combine. Serve hot or at room temperature.