Shut Your Pie Hole Clams
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Salt and freshly ground cracked black pepper
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium heat. Add green onions and shallot and cook 3 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro and next 6 ingredients. Increase heat to high; bring mixture to boil. Add clams and cover pot. Cook until clams open, shaking pot often, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer clams to 6 soup bowls (discard any clams that do not open). Boil remaining liquid over high heat until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over clams. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and serve.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.