Simple Squash and Basil Saute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into long 1/4-inch thick slices on the diagonal
- 1 small zucchini, cut into long 1/4-inch thick slices on the diagonal
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil leaves
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, squash, zucchini, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil and cook, stirring, until tender, about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.