It's like fajitas without the tortillas! This simple, pan-seared steak gets great flavor from a savory sauce...but best of all, it's topped with cheese. Steak just doesn't get any better!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium red and/or green peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese or Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat. Reduce the heat to medium.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring often.
Add the vinegar to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and water and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook the beef for 2 minutes for medium or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Nutritional Values per Serving
Using Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup: : Calories 383, Total Fat 23g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 86mg, Sodium 638mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 50%DV, Vitamin C 66%DV, Calcium 22%DV, Iron 15%DV