Skewered Marinated Swordfish and Cucumber
- 6 pickling cucumbers, ends trimmed and peeled
- 2 bunches cilantro, leaves only
- 3 ounces Achiote paste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 pounds skinless Swordfish fillet
- 2 bunches red chard, stemmed, and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup Lime Olive Oil Dressing, recipe follows
- LIME OLIVE OIL DRESSING
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and then slice across the width into 1/2-inch half moons. Sprinkle with salt and let sit in a colander for 20 to 30 minutes. Combine the cilantro, Achiote, orange juice, lime juice, garlic and peppercorns in a blender. Puree until smooth. Cut the swordfish into 1 1/2-inch chunks and place in a nonreactive bowl. Pour over the cilantro marinade and let sit 20 to 30 minutes. Preheat the grill or broiler. Grill chard, transfer to a large bowl and toss with lime dressing. Thread alternating swordfish and cucumber chunks on skewers. Grill or broil about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Line a serving platter or plates with the chard. Top with the skewers and serve.
Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.