Sliced Raw Tuna with Wasabi-Yuzu
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yuzu juice
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mustard
- 2 tablespoons soft tofu
- 1/2 cup assorted radish slices 1/16-inch thick. Use American red, diakon, watermelon radish, etc.
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh radish sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 cup wasabi-yuzu
- 16 slices raw tuna, approximately 1-ounce each
- Coarse sea salt to garnish
Combine all the ingredients in the cup of a hand-held blender. Blend until smooth
Place the assorted sliced radishes in a medium mixing bowl with the mint, cilantro and radish sprouts. Add the yuzu juice and mirin and toss until well combined. Divide the salad equally to the center of 4 chilled plates. Shingle 4 slices of tuna over each mound of salad. Drizzle some wasabi-yuzu around the radish salad on each plate. Finish by sprinkling a light amount of sea salt over the tuna slices.
Yield: 4 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.