Slow Braised Carnitas
- 18 ounces lean boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat and roughly chopped
- 28 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 whole-wheat pita breads
Place chopped pork in a slow cooker. Top with enchilada sauce, beef broth, peppers, tomatoes, and about half of the cilantro. Cover pot and simmer on low for 4 hours or until pork is tender.
Scoop 3 ounces of the pork mixture onto each of the 6 pita breads and gently fold over each bread. Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy Juan-Carlos Cruz
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray