- 2 ounces tequila, such as Riazul Tequila
- 1/2 ounce lemongrass-kumquat syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 ounce Floc de Gascone liqueur
- 1 ounce lychee puree
- Dash of habanero bitters
- Ice, as needed
- Fresh kumquat, for garnish
- Lemongrass-Kumquat Syrup:
- 1 cup natural sugar (dehydrated cane juice)
- 4 stalks of lemongrass, coarsely cut
- 1/2 pound kumquats, cut in half
Combine the tequila, lemongrass-kumquat syrup, Floc de Gascone liqueur, lychee puree and habanero bitters in a cocktail shaker, then add ice and shake. Strain into the glass and garnish with the fresh kumquat.Lemongrass-Kumquat Syrup:
Combine the sugar, lemongrass and kumquats in a small saucepan over medium heat with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and let cool. Pour everything into a blender and blend on high for about a minute, then pass through a fine sieve and bottle.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.