Don't wait for St. Patrick's Day to serve this mouthwatering, slowly-cooked corned beef and vegetable dish that makes enough to satisfy a hungry crowd.
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (about 5 cups)
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 corned beef or beef brisket (about 3 pounds)
- 1 head green cabbage, trimmed and cut into 6 wedges (about 2 pounds)
- Bouquet Garni
Stir the broth and vinegar into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, beef and cabbage. Submerge the Bouquet Garni in the broth mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove the Bouquet Garni.
For thicker sauce: Remove the beef and vegetables from the cooker. Stir 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the cooker and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.