Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Pickled Onions
- For Pork:
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 to 5 pound pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Pickled Onions:
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- For Tacos:
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pickled red onions
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- For Pork:
To the sleeve of a slow cooker add onion, garlic, tomatoes, chipotle peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and cilantro. Add pork and season with salt and pepper. Cover and slow cook on high for 4 to 6 hours until tender.For Red Onions:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt, heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add onions and dried oregano. When mixture is cool pour into a quart container. You may need to add a bit of water just to cover. (Keep at room temperature for about 6 hours then place in the refrigerator.
Remove pork from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Toss with 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker.
To serve place 1/4 cup of the pork on a tortilla, top with cabbage, avocado, onions, sour cream and cilantro. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Wine-Braised Pork Tacos, Cuban Pulled Pork Tacos with Guava Glaze, Sour Orange Red Cabbage-Jicama Slaw and Chipotle Mayonnaise, Pork Tacos With Black Beans, Baked Ham Recipes, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Budget-Friendly, Cole Slaw Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes