The name says it all...short ribs become exceedingly tender when slow-cooked in a flavorful combination of French onion soup, ale, garlic, brown sugar and seasonings.
- 6 serving-sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) dark ale or beer
Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
Serving Suggestion: This recipe is delicious served over hot mashed potatoes or noodles.
Nutritional Values per Serving
Using Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup: : Calories 622, Total Fat 48g, Saturated Fat 20g, Cholesterol 108mg, Sodium 316mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 1%DV, Calcium 4%DV, Iron 18%DV