- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 French bread baguette
- 8 oz.smoked chicken breast (1 3/4 cups), either shredded or cut into bite-size strips
- 12 oz.grated Fontina, Port Salute, or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups red, green or blue-black halved California seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat oven broiler to 550 degrees F. In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil and salt. Set aside. Slice baguette on bias into 1/2 inch thick slices. Brush baguette slices with garlic oil and place on cookie sheet. Toast in broiler about 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from broiler. Bread should be crisp on the outside, but still soft in the center. On each slice of bread place about 1 tablespoon chicken breast and 3 grape halves, then top with 2 tablespoons grated cheese. Place cookie sheet about 8 inches away from broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Place on serving platter and sprinkle with snipped chives and pepper.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 125; Protein 7 g; Fat 9 g; Calories from Fat 68 %; Carbohydrates 3 g; Cholesterol 24 mg; Fiber less than 1 g; Sodium 154 mg.