Smoked Chicken Endive and Walnut Dressing
- 1 large smoked chicken breast (12 ounces)
- 2 endives
- 1/2 pound haricots verts, ends snapped and strung
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Crumbled blue or goat's cheese cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper
Remove skin and fat from chicken and cut into bitesize strips or chunks and set in mixing bowl. Cut endive into 1/2inch cross sections. Boil or steam haricots verts for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water; pat dry. Cut them on bias into 2 inch lengths.
In a small mixing bowl combine rice vinegar, mustard, vegetable oil and walnut oil; adjust flavors and season with salt and pepper. Toss dressing with chicken, endive and green beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with scallions and crumbled blue or goat's cheese. Serve with corn bread.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater