Smoked Fish Salad "Michele"
- 1 tablespoon very fine julienne of fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or nut oil
- 1 tablespoon or more fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, salt packed and rinsed
- 8 ounces curly spinach, stemmed, washed and cut into 1 by 3 inch strips
- 1/2 Haas avocado
- 1/4 pound smoked sturgeon or smoked sable
- 4 ounces smoked Nova Scotia salmon
Bring some water to a boil and blanch the ginger until tender; drain and dry; set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine oil, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss the spinach with most of the vinaigrette, reserving some for avocadoes. Peel avocado and slice into 3 by 1 inch pieces. Toss avocado with remaining dressing.
Set dressed spinach in the middle of each dinner plate. Place avocado slices in a crown around spinach. Place the pieces of smoked fish, alternating the sable with the salmon, around avocado. Garnish spinach with julienned ginger.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Opakapaka Fish on Hirabara Baby Greens, Green Apple Vinaigrette, and Stilton Bruschetta, Herb and Tomato Salad with Preserved Lemons, Pear, Stilton, and Chicory Salad with Crispy Chestnuts, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Main Dish, Flank Steak Recipes, Tuna Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.