Smoked Fish Salad "Michele"
- 1 tablespoon very fine julienne of fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or nut oil
- 1 tablespoon or more fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, salt packed and rinsed
- 8 ounces curly spinach, stemmed, washed and cut into 1 by 3 inch strips
- 1/2 Haas avocado
- 1/4 pound smoked sturgeon or smoked sable
- 4 ounces smoked Nova Scotia salmon
Bring some water to a boil and blanch the ginger until tender; drain and dry; set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine oil, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss the spinach with most of the vinaigrette, reserving some for avocadoes. Peel avocado and slice into 3 by 1 inch pieces. Toss avocado with remaining dressing.
Set dressed spinach in the middle of each dinner plate. Place avocado slices in a crown around spinach. Place the pieces of smoked fish, alternating the sable with the salmon, around avocado. Garnish spinach with julienned ginger.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Trout Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing, Smoked Trout Salad with Grilled Fingerlings Potatoes and Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette, Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines, Easy Main Dish, Smoked Pork Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes