Smoked Mushroom Salsa
- 1 pound cherry or mesquite wood chips (soaked in water 30 minutes)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (destemmed, de-gilled, and brushed clean of dirt)
- 10 cremini mushrooms (destemmed and brushed clean of dirt)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup chopped epazote
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Serving suggestions: on a tostada sprinkled with cotija cheese or grilled with beef on skewers
Put soaked wood chips in the bottom of a smoker and set up the grill. Begin to heat.
In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. When the smoker is hot, add the mushrooms and cover. Smoke the mushrooms for 20 minutes, until the mushrooms have softened. When cooked through, dice the mushrooms, and place into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Handcrafted Mushroom Lasagna, Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, MAIN CHALLENGE: Red Chili Citrus Mushrooms with Grilled Zucchini, Deviled Egg Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Prime Rib Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.