Smoked Paprika Egg Salad Sandwich on Whole Grain
- 2/3 cup Hellmann's Lite mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Dijonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika (or sweet paprika)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions (green and pale green part), thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 hard cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- Parsley leaves, for garnish, optional
1. Whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijonnaise, and paprika in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise. Add the green onion, parsley, celery and eggs to the remaining mayonnaise and gently fold to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Brush the bread on both sides with some of the oil and grill on a grill or grill pan until lightly golden brown or place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 45 seconds per side.
3. Spread some of the reserved mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Divide the egg salad among the 8 slices of bread, top with slices of onion and a few parsley leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.