Smoked Salmon on Potato Pancakes with Dill Creme Fraiche
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Dill Creme Fraiche, recipe follows
- 3 ounces fresh salmon roe
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a thin layer of oil. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove the pancakes from the pan to serving platters and allow them to cool to room temperature.
To serve, top each pancake with a small slice of smoked salmon, then about a teaspoon of Dill Creme Fraiche, then top with 1/2 teaspoon of salmon roe in the center. Garnish with chopped fresh dill and serve.
Dill Creme Fraiche:
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.