Smoked Salmon with Fresh Dill and Capers
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 1 yellow peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups bechamel, recipe follows
- 1 cup cream
- 8 ounces brined smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons capers, plus 2 tablespoons, fried for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Serving suggestions: over cooked pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half-and-half, at about 150 degrees F
- 1 onion whole, with a bay leaf attached with 2 cloves
Season to taste.Bechamel:
Melt the butter add all the flour at one time and cook until a sandy texture is achieved. Slowly add the half-and-half, mixing well, and bringing to a boil after each addition. Add the onion with the bay leaf and clove, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Strain before using.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Deer Valley Resort
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay