- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 8 ounces V-8 juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, diced, de-seeded (hot pan smoked)
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 lemon
- Cayenne, to taste
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Salt, white and black pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Mix all ingredients together and chill. Prepare at least two hours prior to serving.
- HOT SMOKED TOMATOES
Using a knife, remove stem from red tomatoes and mark an X on the other end of tomato. Place in boiling water for 30 seconds and remove. Immediately place in ice water. Drain and peel skin off. Cut tomato in half crosswise and squeeze out all seeds and pulp. Line the bottom of an aluminum pan with dry wood chips. Place tomatoes on a glazing rack and insert on pan. Cover with aluminum foil and place over high heat on stove top. Allow tomatoes to heavy smoke 3 to 4 minutes. Remove rack and allow tomatoes to cool. Chop tomatoes and add to soup.