Smoked Trout Salpicon
- 1 large smoked trout, boned and broken up
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pickled Serrano chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Serrano juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
Toss cubed potato with a pinch of cumin, salt and olive oil to coat. Roast on cookie sheet in a 400 degree F oven until brown. Let sit to cool.
Put dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix. Add vegetables, toss and add fish last. Toss and adjust seasonings. Let sit and reseason before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.