Smokin' Chokin' Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cups merlot wine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chokecherry preserves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 dried chipotle peppers, ground (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Put oil a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add merlot, increase heat to medium high, and reduce by half. Add chokecherry preserves and cook 5 more minutes. Add tomatoes, chipotle, salt and pepper. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add soy, worcestershire and vinegar. simmer another 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Let sit overnight.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.