Smoky Baked Beans
- 1 pound dry white beans (that have been soaked overnight)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic paste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Dash balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In the same Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the butter. Add the onions and saute until nicely colored, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the smoked sausage and brown. Stir in the roasted garlic paste, sugar, maple syrup, mustard and vinegar and mix well. Add the rosemary, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock. Add beans and stir well. Pour in the stock and the beer and bring to a boil. Cover and bake in the oven for 90 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in the tomatoes, and parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.